Monday, July 19, 2010

tell Jesus

My grandson requested waffles for lunch, so waffles it was. Amidst the syrup and butter, his thoughts turned to candy and dentists, and then to cavities and fillings. He has a perfect little mouth, but my husband and I each took the walk of shame and opened our mouths, filled with old fillings. Well, you know what they say, "If you can't be a good example, be a terrible warning." "That's not good Papa," my grandson said, pity and reproach mingling. Without thinking my husband continued the conversation by mentioning that when children grow older they lose their teeth and get all new ones. This was obviously news, and not good news, but before I could do damage control, our little grandson clasped his hands and fervently prayed, "Dear God, tell Jesus not to let my teeth fall out!" He knew who to ask and he didn't waste any time doing it. "And a little child shall lead them."

No comments:

Post a Comment