Tuesday, May 7, 2013

yes and no

When I write a story for my blog, it is not unusual for me to post it and then tweak it back into 'Drafts' and make substantial changes. I don't know why I haven't just used the Preview feature to do this. 
What I didn't realize is that people will then follow those original links to my unedited version. What??!!
Surely not, I thought upon hearing this prophecy of doom.
I phoned my daughter and asked her to read me the first sentence of my most recent post.
Arghhhhhhh!
My original, un-tweaked version!
Gadzooks!!

Of course, anyone visiting my blog will read the final version, but those dear souls who are receiving updates alerting them to a new post, will at times be reading initial scribblings.If you have ever read a post and wondered to yourself, " Is she having an off day?"  the answer is yes and no.

Apparently, I can choose a setting that will only give a reader the first sentence and then they must come to my blog to read the rest, but that seems an inconvenience for lovely readers, so I pledge to edit in Preview from now on.
Of course, I do at times go back to a story and tweak it days later anyway......Writing can be like shifting sand.

1 comment:

  1. "Writing can be like shifting sand." Very few words ring as true as those… :-)

    You do write so beautifully. I love stopping by here.

    ReplyDelete