Wednesday, September 18, 2013

sea of light

From where I am sitting, I can gaze far away to the east.
I never tire of watching the changing clouds, the light brightening with the first flush of morning, color ripening and lightening, the clouds lit from behind.
Some days the sky is the color of dirty blue jeans, darkly brooding.
Some days, achingly blue, sweetly blue; the clouds a cliche.
It makes me think of time lapse photography.
How amazing it would be to see the sky, the 'sky from my window' compressed and played back, a year at a glance.

There really is no such thing as an ordinary day when you look up at the sky.
It has never looked exactly like it does right at this moment.
It is a great ocean overhead.
A restless sea of light and cloud that laps at the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment