Tuesday, June 10, 2014

mutual admiration

"Look," I say, holding a small toy up for my granddaughters entertainment. "It's Curious George."
"Curious George is for babies," my granddaughter says disdainfully.
There isn't even a flicker in George's smile. He obviously has a superb sense of self.
"But look what he can DO," I enthuse, moving his arms in tiny Karate chops.
"Grandma......" my granddaughter reproves.
"See, see," and I move his arms and mine, a sort of hasty version of YMCA.
My granddaughter gives me THE look.
But the next day her little sister comes to visit.
"It's George," I say.
Her eyes light up.
So do George's.
Mutual admiration.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, i really was unsure about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I'm afraid will happen with my granddaughter--she's just 9 weeks now, but she's going to grow up before I do! I'll just have to hope for a continuous crop of babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know my grandchildren are growing up before I likely will. That's how it should be. I hope you have a continuous crop of babies too. A bumper crop.

    ReplyDelete